Over the summer we have been looking at ways you can love yourself the way God wants you too. Here is a review…
- Listen to christian radio so when you wake up each morning, you remember how much God loves you and set your mind and focus on Him accordingly. With lyrics like “Amazing Grace,” “How Great Thou Art,” “I can only imagine what it will be like,” “Live like you’re loved,” and “My Redeemer lives,” how can we not remember that He should be our number one priority, which will also help you remember that He loves you like no other person in the world? Here is the link to Greatest Love of All.
- We are our own worst critic. But when we realize what we are doing we need to stop and repeat, “God loves me, it doesn’t matter.” “I don’t have to be perfect, God loves me anyway.” Or “I have other strengths, even if this isn’t one of them.” YOU ARE HIS MASTERPIECE! You are one of a kind. There is no one else like you. And you are valuable. Sure, you are imperfect. You are human. Only God is perfect. But He loves you even if you are flawed. Here is the link to You are God’s Masterpiece post.
- We have all read the Love verses (1 Cor 13:4-7) meant to be a guide on how to love others but we can also use it to love ourselves. This was a very descriptive and longer post and you can read it here. Here is the link to Using the Love Verses on Yourself.
- As it says in Psalm 51, He will wash you clean of all sin and guilt. This is one of God’s gifts to you. It’s rude to hand it back. So don’t try to bring the sin up again and think about it and role it around in your brain over and over. God has forgotten it and so should you. This is one of those times when you have to change your thinking and block thoughts of those sins out of your mind. (Phil. 4:8) Think on the wonderful things that God has done for you and not the negative things you have done. Here is the link the to As Far as the East is from the West.
- There are people that make themselves feel better by making others feel bad. And unfortunately, if your self-esteem is already bad, it just makes you feel worse. Then your negative tapes start all over again. But God does not want that for you! God wants you to love yourself as much as He loves you! He says you are “fearfully and wonderfully made,” “You are His MASTERPIECE!” DON’T LET THE WORLD DICTATE WHO YOU ARE. BASE YOUR SELF-ESTEEM ON THE ONE WHO CREATED YOU. Here is the link to Shine Your Light.
What truth do you need to accept to love yourself more? Maybe it’s time to go to the doctor or commit to eat better and exercise.
Maybe it’s making time to go on dates with your husband. Is it time to go back to church? Maybe it’s time to go to the doctor or commit to eat better and exercise. Or is it time to follow God’s prompting and go on that mission trip or start a blog or video channel on YouTube. God will not send you without giving you the gifts and tools to do His will. Tell yourself the truth in love so that you can be a better person for yourself and those around you. Here is the link to Tell Yourself the Truth in Love.
Is there something that God wants you to do that is out of your comfort zone? Lead a Bible study? Talk to a friend who you think needs help? Take the plunge into a new ministry? Find a prayer partner that can pray with you to confirm your answer and give you more courage to “BE BRAVE AND HAVE COURAGE.” (Psalm 27:14) Here is the link to Be Brave.
When you have a problem, a tragedy or trauma, sometimes there’s just not much you can do right away to change the situation. You lay awake at night, stressing about what to do, worrying, thinking and rethinking about what has happened. The first thing you can do is start a gratitude journal. This is a time to use your journal every hour if needed or at least several times a day because this will help you concentrate on God and not the huge problem you are dealing with. “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” (Mt. 6:33) Here is the link to Making lists.
Remember what Jesus did for you. In John 3:16 it says God loves us so much He sent His only son Jesus to die on the cross. Even if you were the only person on this earth, He still would have asked Jesus to sacrifice Himself so that you wouldn’t have to go live with Satan after you died. That’s how much He loves you. Why would He not love us? He created us.
You can get my book “You are God’s Masterpiece!” on Amazon for your Kindle or other devices with the Kindle app. it is also available on iPad, Kobo, Nook and other internet sites. Click on the picture below for the link on Amazon.
Check out my other pages like Bible journaling, Self- Confidence Boosters or Steph Speaks Ministry. I welcome all comments and follows on social media…
I linkup with other Christian bloggers at these sites:
Sunday – Sunday Thoughts,
Wednesday – A Wise Woman Builds her Home, Christian Blogger Community, Coffee & Conversation, Coffee for your Heart, Messes to Messages, Recharge Wednesday, Sitting Among Friends, Word Filled Wednesday, Writing Wednesdays,
This blog uses affiliate links and referral links. This comes at no cost to you, but allows us to pay for the running of this site.
Check out this amazing new STUDY BIBLE by Louis Giglio at Amazon called the Jesus Bible: http://amzn.to/2u4cJFh. I’ve used it and it’s a new look at the scriptures.